Global Fund for Children (GFC) and The National Lottery Community Fund are partnering to support the creation and delivery of the Phoenix Fund – an initiative that will provide £1 million in emergency grants to Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME*) communities across England.
The Phoenix Fund aims to put racial justice at the heart of COVID-19 pandemic response. The initiative will support a network of Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic charities and groups in England that are working in the heart of their communities, providing essential and emergency services, support, and education tailored to the BAME community.
The initiative aims to:
- Offer core funding to BAME grassroots groups across England working with BAME communities
- Raise awareness of the unique challenges facing BAME communities across England
- Establish an effective, innovative partnership to improve and promote community-based organisations within English philanthropy
A collaborative panel of individuals who have understanding and lived experience working with Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities will drive the fund’s grant-making decisions, awarding grants to BAME-centred and -led community organisations.
Global Fund for Children and The National Lottery Community Fund invite organisations in England that are led by representatives of the Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities to apply for grants of up to £20,000.
The Phoenix Fund supports groups that:
- Are registered, unregistered, incorporated, unincorporated, and/or unconstituted
- Work with participants and communities of any age
- Are led by representatives of Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities and work within BAME communities**
- Have annual operating budgets up to £100,000 per year
- Are located and work in England
Application deadline: 2 September 2020
Panel meeting: 16 September 2020
Awardees notified: 17 September 2020
Application deadline: 16 September 2020
Panel meeting: 30 September 2020
Awardees notified: 01 October 2020
Application deadline: 30 September 2020
Panel meeting: 14 October 2020
Awardees notified: 15 October 2020
FIND OUT MORE www.globalfundforchildren.org/the-phoenix-fund/